Cleaning air ducts is vital for the well-being of the people living inside of your home. But it is often overlooked and hence aids in polluting your home environment. According to the National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA), the average six-room house packs in 40 pounds of dust, dirt and allergens in its air ducts per year. This is an alarming amount taking into account the fact that 40,000 dust mites can thrive in just one ounce of dust. The EPA concludes that indoor air may be much more polluted than outdoor air. What’s worse is that this filthy air circulates around your house whenever the cooling/healing system is functioning. Moreover, if anyone of your household suffers from diseases like bronchitis, asthma or any allergies then neglecting the cleanliness of air ducts is equivalent to neglecting their condition. With all this filth circulating in your house around the clock, these diseases are easily triggered, rendering the patients uncomfortable inside their own homes.
More On Why You Need Your Air Ducts Cleaned:
- As mentioned above, cleaning air ducts will get rid of any dirt residing inside of them, hence purifying the circulated air.
- The US Department of Energy claims that 25-40% of the energy used for heating/cooling homes goes to waste owing to contaminants in the air. Yes, filters are used but their use is rendered futile as the system still tends to get dirty.
- Less consumption of energy leads to less power bills hence it is cost-effective.
- The efficiency of your HVAC system increases by 40%, in extreme cases, by getting rid of debris and other such filth.
How Often To Clean Air Ducts?
Generally, this is done once a year, but if you’re reluctant to even do that then the following are some warning signs you need to keep an eye out for:
- When dust is clearly visible in the air
- When debris, cobwebs and other noticeable particles blow out of vents
- Allergy-like symptoms inside of the house
- Temperature/air flow variation throughout the house
- Dead insects and/or rodent nesting inside the ducts
- Dark filtration lines on the walls, ceiling or carpet that surround the vents
- Visible moulds inside the ducts
- Foul Odour
Here’s Where Air Duct Cleaning Sammamish Comes In:
We, at Air Duct Cleaning Sammamish WA, are unparalleled when it comes to highly trained technicians, top notch equipment and the satisfaction of the customers. A little overview of the process is as follows:
- Cleaning and vacuuming the furnace
- Cleaning the cooling coils with a vacuum and a coil cleaner
- Cleaning the blower unit
- Cleaning the supply and return registers and grills
- Cleaning the supply and return ducts using powerful duct cleaning equipment
- Decontaminating cleaned ducts with soot set sealant and odor kill deodorizer
- Installing electrostatic air filter and odor control products
- And finally, installing solid odor kill in the return to control odors for up to 3 months!
Our aim is to provide you with the best service in Sammamish WA and we’re just a call or an email away!